Terms of Service (TOS)
This agreement documents the terms of service for accounts provided by Edgevm.com to the account holder.
1. The account holder is responsible for the actions of account users.
2. Any use which interferes with the server’s ability to function in its primary purpose of publishing web documents is prohibited.
3. Mail abuse (including, but not limited to, mass mailing unsolicited email and email forgery) and usenet news abuse (including, but not limited to, mass crossposting articles and posting unrelated to group topics), whether direct or indirect, whether used externally to promote a site at Edgevm.com or sent via Edgevm.com, is prohibited.
4. Use of Edgevm.com’s facilities to provide software or lists for mass mailing unsolicited email is prohibited.
5. Use of Edgevm.com’s facilities to commit network abuse (including, but not limited to, denial of service attacks such as ping bombing, email bombing, “smurf”, “winnuke”, “land”, “teardrop”, etc.) or otherwise compromise the security of hosts or networks is prohibited.
6. All data stored or transmitted must be legal under all applicable US laws. The account holder is solely responsible for determining the legality of their data which is stored or transmitted.
7. Should the account holder become the target of a network attack, Edgevm.com reserves the right to take any necessary actions (including, but not limited to, temporary suspension of the account holder’s account) required to return server or network operation to normal.
8. Edgevm.com will use its best efforts to maintain, but does not guarantee, the privacy of email, network use, and the contents of user directories.
9. Use of Edgevm.com services, including the storage of information, is at the account holder’s sole risk. Edgevm.com does not warrant either the results to be obtained from the service or that the service will be uninterrupted or error free. Edgevm.com’s services are provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither Edgevm.com nor anyone else involved in creating, producing, or delivering Edgevm.com services shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of Edgevm.com, the inability to use Edgevm.com, or any breach of any warranty. The provisions of this paragraph will survive termination of this agreement.
10. The account holder will indemnify and hold harmless Edgevm.com against any loss, damage, cost and expense which Edgevm.com may incur or become liable for by reason of claims or actions for libel, violation of privacy rights, plagiarism, copyright infringement, trademark or trade name infringement, domain name disputes, and claims arising in connection with data transmitted pursuant to the terms and provisions of this agreement and any claims or suits resulting from the account holder’s use of the service including, without limitation, the expense and cost of defending any and all such claims and actions, except where such claims result solely from the negligence of Edgevm.com’s failure to perform its obligations under this agreement. The provisions of this paragraph shall survive termination of this agreement.
11. If Edgevm.com is informed of an alleged copyright or trademark infringement involving an account, Edgevm.com will attempt to notify the account holder of those allegations and secure a response. Edgevm.com may, in its sole discretion, remove or terminate the account containing, on a temporary or permanent basis, materials which Edgevm.com believes may create, constitute, or contribute to copyright or trademark infringements. Account holder expressly waives the right to assert any claims against Edgevm.com for any such removal or termination. To inform Edgevm.com of a possible infringement please send an email to copyright@Edgevm.com
12. Accounts are invoiced monthly. Payment is due when invoiced, with an overdue date specified in the invoice. Overdue accounts may be terminated or suspended at Edgevm.com’s discretion. Edgevm.com reserves the right to issue special invoices when the balance due will be more than $50 over the base monthly service fee.
13. Edgevm.com may terminate service to the subscriber at any time, without notice, for violation of this agreement. Edgevm.com will not be liable for any damages or harm to the account holder resulting from such termination.
14. The account holder may terminate their account at any time. 30 days cancellation is required on all services. The request to terminate the account must be in writing. The account holder may send cancellation request via an email message to billing@Edgevm.com, by postal mail or by fax.
15. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of California. This agreement contains the full understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. Any email correspondence with the account holder which is in any way inconsistent with, or which adds to, the provisions of this agreement is null and void.
16. Edgevm Hosting may cancel or suspend customer access to Edgevm services at any time and for any reason without notice. Upon cancellation or suspension, customer’s right to use the service will cease immediately. Customer may not have access to data stored on the service after Edgevm suspends or terminates the service. The Customer is responsible for backing-up server data that is used with the service. If Edgevm cancels customer’s service in its entirety without cause, Edgevm will refund customer on a pro-rata basis the amount of payment corresponding to the portion of service remaining right before Edgevm terminated service.
17. Edgevm shall not be responsible for ANY claimed damages, including incidental and consequential damages, which may arise from Edgevm’s servers going off-line or being unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Furthermore, Edgevm shall not be responsible for any claimed damages, including incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the corruption or deletion of any web site from one of Edgevm servers. By ordering and receiving service, customer agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless Edgevm from loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur with any use, misuse, or lack of service.
18. By activating an account with Edgevm and using any Edgevm services, customer agrees and accepts all terms, policies, and disclaimers. A copy of customer acceptance will be forwarded along with customer activation email and will be maintained with customer account information.
19. If a service(s) are suspended for a TOS/AUP infraction, the customer will be notified of the offense and steps required to reactivate the service(s) via support ticket. For any TOS or AUP violations, Edgevm reserves the right to charge the customer $25 per Abuse incident. At the Billing Department’s discretion, all services attached to the account may be suspended until all violation fees are paid. No data may be retrieved once a service has been terminated, and the service may not be `renewed` or repurchased.
20. All client information must be accurately provided (name, current address, country, etc). Edgevm will not permit multiple accounts without management approval.
The Following are not permitted:
Engaging in any activity that adversely affects other customers service and experience is strictly prohibited. Please use Nginx/Lighttpd instead of Apache.
Spamming is sending unsolicited bulk and/or commercial information over the Internet and is stricly prohibited. Maintaining an open SMTP relay is also prohibited. When a complaint is received, Edgevm will investigate and shutdown the account that is spamming. This includes spamming through web-mail services.
Tor is a free and open anonymity project and is not permitted on the Edgevm Network.
Forging of Headers:
Forging or misrepresenting message headers, whether in whole or in part, to mask the originator of the message is prohibited.
Illegal or Unauthorized Access to Other Computers or Networks:
Accessing, illegally or without authorization, computers, accounts or networks belonging to another party, or attempting to penetrate security measures of another individual’s system (often known as “hacking”). Also, any activity that may be used as a precursor to an attempted system penetration (i.e., port scan, stealth scan or other information-gathering activity).
Internet Relay Chat (IRC):
IRC servers are not permitted. IRC clients are permitted.
Botnets are not permitted.
Other Illegal Activities:
Engaging in activities that are determined to be illegal, including, but not limited to, advertising, transmitting or otherwise making available ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes, fraudulently charging credit cards and pirating software.
Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Edgevm’s network is strictly prohibited.
– Unless otherwise stated, all plans are sold on month to month basis and can be canceled at any time.
– To cancel your service please email email@example.com from your edgevm registered email address.
– Accepted payment methods are all major credit cards and PayPal.
– By signing up you agree to Edgevm’s TOS and AUP.
– These terms are subject to change without notice.